Your salespeople aren’t going home at night and studying about how to get better at their jobs.
Bet on This
Sarah and I are going to Las Vegas next week.
I won’t be gambling, though.
Instead, we have tickets to a couple of shows. We have reservations at a couple of very nice restaurants, of course.
And we’re going to visit good friends who live in Summerlin, NV.
Speaking of shows, I saw my first show in Las Vegas when I was impressionable 32-year old. I have forgotten the comedian’s name, but I have never forgotten what he said.
“You’ve been a great audience. When you leave here and go back to the casino remember this: The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.”
From that moment on, I looked at gambling differently.
If I were a betting man, I would bet that your salespeople aren’t going home at night and reading about how to get better at their sales jobs.
In fact, only 10% of the people have what’s called a “learning mindset.” These are the people who seek out learning. The other 90% won’t seek to improve their skills unless it’s part of a job requirement.
But don’t take my word for it.
Do your own survey. Ask your salespeople in a meeting or one-on-one what they’re reading, watching or listening to to get better at their sales jobs.
I will bet you $5 you get a lot of fluttering eyeballs and/or blank looks. If I’m wrong e-mail me and I’ll write you a check.
You see, I don’t gamble.
No comment yet.